Fried Chrysanthemum Shrimp Dumplings
sea cucumbers soaked in water
dried mushrooms soaked in water
Chinese water chestnuts
3 egg whites
- Cut the shrimps in two.
- Dice the sea cucumbers, water chestnuts, dried mushrooms and ham, scald, drain and transfer to a plate, add seasoning, leave for 5 minutes, then add eggwhite, cornstarch, stir well to make the filling.
- Cut the pork fat into five slices each 8cm-long, 8cm-wide, smear each slice with filling, roll up, putting a shrimp in each end.
- Coat the lard slices evenly with eggwhite batter.
- Heat oil to 5-fold hot, drop in the shrimp dumplings one by one, deep-fry till golden brown.
- Make 4 cuts in each dumpling so as to look like a lotus.